Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag Dishwasher which is 7 years old model no

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dishwasher which is 7 years old model no MDB7759 AWWO, it is leaving foam after each washing recently,I ran Dishwasher cleanser twice without any success. We had this problem once 2 yrs back and it got better after we ran few rinse cycles with cleanser , since then we have been running this cleanser monthly, is it time replace with new machine? or can it be fixed?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MDB7759AWW0, machine is 7 yrs old, we use this weekends only as this is in our second home in Dana point, California
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not really, I need technician to help.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No this is it.Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Start the unit up and when it starts to wash open the door and pour 1 gallon of white vinegar in the unit and let it wash for about 1 minute then cancel the unit. Do that 1 more time and all should be good again.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.