Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was doing a load with a rug. The washer became imbalanced…

Customer Question
I was doing a...

I was doing a load with a rug. The washer became imbalanced so I stopped it and rearranged the load as I have done before. This time, however, it will not restart on the spin cycle. I unplugged it, waited a couple of minutes and plugged it in again and that did not work. I tried unplugging it again, waited a couple of minutes then opened and closed the lid quickly 6 times. I found this hint online. What can I try now?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a kenmore top load washer series 200

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. don't know what's wrong and if it's something I can handle. I am pretty handy so I'd like to give it a shot

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not yet. Are there any other tricks that might make it work? It's become un balanced before and I've been able to rearrange the load and continue.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.