John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I was doing a load with a rug. The washer became imbalanced

Customer Question

I was doing a load with a rug. The washer became imbalanced so I stopped it and rearranged the load as I have done before. This time, however, it will not restart on the spin cycle. I unplugged it, waited a couple of minutes and plugged it in again and that did not work. I tried unplugging it again, waited a couple of minutes then opened and closed the lid quickly 6 times. I found this hint online. What can I try now?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's a kenmore top load washer series 200
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. don't know what's wrong and if it's something I can handle. I am pretty handy so I'd like to give it a shot
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not yet. Are there any other tricks that might make it work? It's become un balanced before and I've been able to rearrange the load and continue.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.