AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a whirlpool washer model#WTW8540BW0 its a cabrio top

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer model#WTW8540BW0 its a cabrio top loader it is making a loud banging noise every load will not finish becuase it keeps saying unlevel
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: If you open the lid the washer tub is cocked towards the back it is definatly not straight model# ***** ***** its 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the name of it is a whirlpool cabrio platinum
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me a few moments to review your question

Is the noise just during spin?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
everything goes smooth until the spin starts

okay you will need to replace the tub bearings to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you happen to have a part number or anything. Where I should order it from any advice as far as that goes??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also, do I really need to buy the tool to press in the bearing?