Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

GE Dishwasher PDW7980N10SS unable to get the door to open.

Customer Question

GE Dishwasher PDW7980N10SS unable to get the door to open. How to release the door lock. Unit will cycle through a wash but door will not open at end of cycle, Cannot get door lock to release!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Exact model is PDW7980N10SS as to age bought home form another party.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just need to know how to override latch to get door open to replace broken latch.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Is the door lock always getting stuck? If so then that indicated a bad door switch. You wont be able to override it you will have to replace it. Here is a video on how you can get it open.

https://youtu.be/VE2FY_U7_qY

here is the part you need

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WD21X10169/0022/363.html?modelNumber=PDW7980N10SS&categoryName=Dishwasher&brandName=GE

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.