Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I reset the freezer for my whirlpool refridge...I…

Customer Question
How can I reset...

How can I reset the freezer for my whirlpool refridge...I forgot the combo

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Let me get it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have someone that will come in, but I know there is a quick fix that sometimes works by pushing the buttons that closes the door so many times and then doing something else to reset the defrost...the model is GB2SHTXTSQ1

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's frosting up in the freezer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The tech sheet with the instructions is attached! :~)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

I'm here

Did you see my post? I sent you the complete tech sheet with all the instructions above.

You can view it below now, too.

CLICK HERE

I've had this happen before...

Yes, see if it will go into a forced defrost. If it does, then the control is likely faulty.

I can't open your tech sheet for some reason

Follow the link below.

CLICK HERE