Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I replaced my oven control on a GE Profile double oven model

Customer Question
Good evening JA: Hi. How can...
Good evening
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I replaced my oven control on a GE Profile double oven model # JT950SA-SS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the original control panel froze
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: displaying an F0 code yes - I'm doing the work myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes - after replacing the control panel, it now displays "Locked" for the top oven
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Hi Kelly & Good evening

That error code and the previous symptoms and what you are seeing now all indicate an issue with the touch pad, not the oven control. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Initially, the front panel was frozen. I ordered & replaced the control panel - now the front panel keys are responsive :-) However, "LOCKED" is blinking.

Are the oven doors able to open or is just the control unresponsive and showing locked?

If it says "locked" and not LOC ON, then the door locks are out of sync, possibly from a poor connection or a faulty lock assembly.

both doors are closed. when I replaced the control panel, I also replaced the locking mechanism - which was included

So is the door locked and unable to open?

It was momentarily. btw, I discovered that I had overlooked reattaching the ground lead to the back of the front panel - reconnected & re-applying power now to see if results are improved

I will see if another may be available to help. If they can they will post back to you.

ok - thx. after re-applying power, I still have the blinking "LOCKED" indicator
with the control panel open, I also am observing the locking mechanism continuously unlocking then relocking
Appliance Technician: Billy Olenick, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
My name is ***** ***** I also agree with previous tech. I believe you have a short witch indicates the touch pad not the control panel
I resolved the issue - loose connection on the locking mechanism. The ovens are now working normally.Thx anyway, & have a good night.
Awesome glad you are taken care of
Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service