Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My maytag front loader the lid lock will not engage lid lock…

Customer Question
My maytag front loader...

My maytag front loader the lid lock will not engage lid lock light goes on then quickly shuts off again my son hit the pause stop button and added something to the load in progress and now we can't start it again all lights ok except the lid lock will not stay lit

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's old about 15yrs model mah5500B

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well no since I don't know where to start I was wondering if the lid lock somehow got wet when he yanked open the door

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it otherwise it has been perfect for about the last 15 yrs (unlike my son)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug it for 5 full minutes to allow the control to reset. Does the behavior change after powering back up?