Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our triton II pump turned off and won't come back on, And…

Customer Question
Our triton II...

Our triton II pump turned off and won't come back on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

And it's only 5-6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It just happened yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm super handy so if it's easy sure. But most likely will require a service

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What kind of appliance is this and do you have a model number by chance?

It's for a Triton II sand filter pool pump
I can go down to the pool and get the model number of that helps?

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

Ok thanks
Appliance Technician: Elliott Oxton, Handyman replied 9 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Handyman

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. I have looked through the thread and would like to confirm if the pump is doing anything? Is it making a noise or does it feel hot to touch?

Do you have a multi-meter that you feel comfortable to use to test the electrics?

I look forward to helping you out asap.

Warm regards,

Elliott

Hi there! No sound, no nothing :-(
I don't have a meter
I checked the breaker and it wasn't flipped
All other power (lights) is on

Thanks for your response.

Ok so that eliminates a couple of things. It would be really helpful if you could get the model number of the actual pump for me if that is ok? Also if there is a model number on the control box for the pumps that would be useful.

I will continue to look into possible solutions for you while i wait for that information. Let me know if you cant find anything. If you can't then maybe send some pictures also would be useful.

Thanks for you help.

Warm regards

Elliot

Ok let me do that right now

Thank you

Thanks for the pics. The info on the side of the pump is useful. I will try and respond with some suggestions soon.

Hi thanks again for the photos. I am not to familiar with this kind of set up. I will open it up for another expert who will be able to assist you. I'm sorry i was unable to be of assistance this time. If any new information comes in make sure to add it to this chat as the new expert will be able to see our whole conversation.

Warm regards,

Elliott

John, Home Appliance Technician