Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Replaced ignition starter switch and oven control board on…

Customer Question
Replaced ignition starter switch...

Replaced ignition starter switch and oven control board on Gas Range Model 970-82803. Can not start oven or set clock. Need help

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model - 970-77482803. Serial VP93852366. Approximately 8 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oven control clock and ignition starter switch has been replaced. Need help in setting clock and getting oven to heat again.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a convection oven. Tried to set clock and could not. TY

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you can't even start or set the oven, either the control panel is locked out, or the panel came faulty. First, press and hold the cancel button for 5 seconds and that should unlock the control panel if it's locked. If the buttons still won't respond, press and hold the clock button for 5 seconds to remove the unit out of Sabbath mode if it's in sabbath mode. When setting the clock just press the clock button, don't hold it or it goes into Sabbath mode.

Now if you try all that and the panel still won't work, return the display board and get a new one because it came faulty.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc