Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a ge profile range with error f0. is this the control

Customer Question

I have a ge profile range with error f0. is this the control module or the actual touch pad?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: jb968soh1ss 14 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: previous to this I had a f7 but that went away after turning breaker off and back on now the f0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F0 error on that model is not the control board that means there is a shorted key on the touch panel which is part of the face plate, so to fix that you would need to order and install a entire new face plate unfortunately. The replacement is listed below, the fist company I linked the part at is out of stock but mainly I did that so you could see the picture of the part you need. The second one is for sears and they do have it in stock.

Control Panel WB29T10034

click here for part info and image

click here for part info at sears

If you have any further questions just let me know, in the meantime please read below:

We experts are not compensated for our time unless you rate our assistance. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today by submitting a rating of 3-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. If for some reason you are unable to rate or unable to locate the star rating system. Please just reply back with "I Rate You 5 Stars" . Thank You.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?