Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an F7E6 cold on my Whirlpool WTW4950XW0. We have

Customer Question

I have an F7E6 cold on my Whirlpool WTW4950XW0. We have replaced the spluch assembly and the Shift Actuator. However, now when it is on the sensing cycle it makes a sound like a marble being rolled around in a cup.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WTW4050XW0, about 6-7 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This error code you're getting means that the motor isn't running properly. Now the motor itself could be bad, but not likely. The more common issue is that the gear case is failing and that is what is making the marble rolling in a cup noise. If you disconnect the belt and the noise goes away, the gear case (transmission) would need to be replaced. If the noise is still there then the motor would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?