Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchen aid side by side refrigerator. The ice

Customer Question
I have a kitchen...

I have a kitchen aid side by side refrigerator. The ice maker is making ice but not dispensing.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # KFXL25RYMS2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Believe it's a 2012 refrigerator

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When you push the ice paddle to dispense ice, do you hear anything? Also, does the unit still dispense water normally?

you can hear it trying to dispense. It freezes the ice but will not dump. Yes, the water is fine.

If you can hear it trying to dispenser, that means the auger motor is working and all the electronics are working so that's great. After you try to dispenser for 10 seconds or so, open up the door and look down inside the ice chute on the back of the dispenser. Is the ice chute filled with ice on the door?

No, the ice doesn't dump into the chute.

OK so that means there is a problem with the bucket itself. Remove the bucket completely and dump the ice into a bowl. Run the bucket under hot water and thaw everything out in the head of the bucket. Dry the bucket and put the ice back in. Re-install the bucket and see if the ice will dispense now. If it still won't, you need a new ice bucket. The part number is ***** for the new bucket.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?