Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am concerned about clearance when installing a new Samsung…

Customer Question
I am concerned about...

I am concerned about clearance when installing a new Samsung refrigerator. My cabinet clearance is minimal, almost tight surrounding the fridge.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just purchased yesterday and has not as yet been delivered.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is being installed by Home Depot 3rd party. I am concerned about cooling. Model # RF28HMEDBSR

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this will definitely be a long term problem if the cabinet is too tight. The manufacture requests that you have 1" of space on the side and the top of the refrigerator so air can be pulled back to cool the compressor and blown out underneath the refrigerator in front. Now if your sides have no room but the top has 2 inches of room or whatnot, then you'll be more than fine. But if the top and sides are all tight, either the cabinets need to be fixed, or you need a different refrigerator because the compressor will overheat over time and likely last less than 5 years.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.