Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer and the red lid light is…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer and the red lid light is flashing and the door will not open even after turning the power off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is WTW5500XWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There are clothes locked in the washer since the lid will not open

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

If the water is not pumped out the unit will never unlock, there may be an issue with the drain pump on the unit. Can you check and see if the drain pump is working?