Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Frigidaire refrigerator freezer is still okay but the fridge…

Customer Question
Frigidaire refrigerator freezer is...

Frigidaire refrigerator freezer is still okay but the fridge part is warm, bench tested the evaporator fan and it's good, tested the control board and 120 volts was not coming out of the terminal for the fan so I got a new board through Frigidaire at a discounted price because the fridge is only 1.5 years old. Board shows up and its bad also, ordered a second board because i'm doing myself and second board is bad too, no 120 volts. Am I stupid or did I get a second bad board??

Contractor's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like. I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started, purchased fridge in Dec 2015 from Lowes

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Frigidaire LFHT2131QE0 Sept 2015 purchased in Dec 2015

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It's not lightly that the board came bad, but it's possible. Be sure to tape the door switch shut when you have the door open testing because some of these switches will tell the control board not to turn the fan on if the door is open. Other than that, there is a defrost thermostat on the top of the silver coils. If that thermostat has no continuity through it, it will cut power to the fan motor until the thermostat closes. The thermostat is a 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils so test continuity through that and if it has no continuity, leave it clipped onto the coils for 30 minutes while the refrigerator is running and the coils are frosting and then re-test it. If it never closes---replace the defrost thermostat. If it closed, return and get a new control board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?