Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Year old Samsung bottom freezer refrigerator started leaking…

Customer Question
Year old Samsung bottom...

Year old Samsung bottom freezer refrigerator started leaking water. Thought it might have to do with the filter so I replaced it. Water leaking won't stop. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model rf28hdedbsr/aa lesss than 1 year old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where is the water leaking from?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Where are you seeing this water collecting exactly?

On the floor under the refrigerator

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

It is on the floor.
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello I am a different tech, this is a common issue the defrost drain is blocked up. You need to remove the items in the refrigerator section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the refrigerator to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!Watch this video to clear that up.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I have no water inside the refrigerator. Does the above still apply?

So the water is under the entire unit? If so can you pull it out for me and remove the back lower panel?

Didn't apply. Tube in back had leak. Also, filter was not properly seated.
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician