Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer wont spin im doing the spin test now and it not…

Customer Question
My washer wont spin...

My washer wont spin im doing the spin test now and it not moving

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung agua jet vrt top loader model #WA456DRHDSU/AA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dint think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Do you have it in diagnostic mode?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't locate my manual and the one i downloaded doesn't mention Any of the test modes

OK does it agitate?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't run out again because the water won't run out either
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found another manual but i don't understand what they are saying to do after hitting the3 buttons

OK the unit will not spin if it does not drain, you likely just have a bad drain pump or something blocking the filter in the drain pump. Remove that and check it. Get a shop vac to suck the water out when removing it and see. That is the most common issue for the problem you are having. Here is a link to replace the pump.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already checked my pump its fine and it was just replaced

OK is there power to the pump?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Idk how to check that

Get to the pump and using a volt meter check across the 2 terminals for 120 volts when in a SPIN cycle. If you do not have 120 volts there you have a bad main control or possibly a broken wire to the pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok ty

No problem at all!