Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool duet washing machine stops in cycle and flashes…

Customer Question
My whirlpool duet washing...

My whirlpool duet washing machine stops in cycle and flashes E1 and F8??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Possibly 5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Work? thought you would advise me on what button to push as it is totally digital, it has a beeping sound with flashing numbers

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The door is locked and will not open. door locked indicator is on and it is red ahd the start "button " is on as well

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this error means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough. The unit will go into flood mode and it will just keep draining for 15 minutes in case it is flooding and the sensor isn't reading properly. Just leave the unit plugged in for 15 minutes and let it finish draining. The error will reset and you can use the washer again. Just make sure you have good water pressure going to the washer on both hot and cold water lines and if that all checks good and the error comes back, you'd need to replace the electronic water valve inside the washer because it's restricting the water flow for some reason.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

this was not very useful as the washer never filled with water, lights flashed . found my manual and did troubleshooting. untangled the connection and somehow the water got turned off by house guests, Please cancel my fee of $31.00 Didn't know it was being charged. Interesting web site you have as it mis represents your services. Thank you for handing my request to discontinue this service which I did not want.

I told you that this was exactly your problem and water wasn't coming in to the washer quick enough. Unplugging your washer didn't reset the problem. Leaving the washer along long enough is what resets the timer. It takes 15-30 minutes of leaving it along and it resets which is exactly what I told you before. Sure, maybe you unplugged the washer right around when the timer was ending so it seemed like that did something, but what I told you was 100% accurate.