Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung refrigerator model RS275ACBP and the fan…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Samsung refrigerator model RS275ACBP and the fan seems to be making a lot of noise all of a sudden. It is still cooling though

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

RS275ACBP is all it says. It is a side by side with ice maker and water and is 27 cu ft and about 8 years?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to if it is just replacing a fan unit or more involved and I am not sure how many fans or if they are available

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has twin cooling system

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Is the fan inside the refrigerator or the freezer section noisy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seems to be on the refrigeration side and there seems to be more moisture on the shelves

OK perfect, thank you. This noise means that your refrigerator is no longer defrosting properly anymore so the frost/ice build up is hitting the fan motor. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to access and replace the defrost sensor you need to replace so the issue doesn't come back. In the mean time, thaw everything out with a hair dryer once you remove the back panel and re-assemble so the unit works like normal until you can replace the sensor (about 1-2 weeks before the problem comes back).

CLICK HERE for video

CLICK HERE for sensor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?