John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

On my Mzd2665hew, my freezer is no longer working, but the

Customer Question

on my Mzd2665hew , my freezer is no longer working, but the other side seems to be working fine. I cleaned a lot of dust off the bottom coils. The lights go out when closed. What could be the cause ??
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: you have the model. I usually keep the freezer on 4.5, but cranked it up to 5.5
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am en electronic tech, just don't have much experience with fridges. I removed the ice tray since the ice was melting. I removed everything from the freezer.. It is making a soft unusual sound. Got back from a trip last night. The appliance was not opened for 36 hours.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the refrigerator section is working---the freezer must be somewhat cool still because the refrigerator just cools by stealing air from the freezer section. Either way, pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the compressor running? And if you touch the big black round compressor--is it room temperature, warm, or blazing hot?