Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On my Mzd2665hew, my freezer is no longer working, but the…

Customer Question
On my Mzd2665hew...

On my Mzd2665hew , my freezer is no longer working, but the other side seems to be working fine. I cleaned a lot of dust off the bottom coils. The lights go out when closed. What could be the cause ??

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

You have the model. I usually keep the freezer on 4.5, but cranked it up to 5.5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am en electronic tech, just don't have much experience with fridges. I removed the ice tray since the ice was melting. I removed everything from the freezer.. It is making a soft unusual sound. Got back from a trip last night. The appliance was not opened for 36 hours.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the refrigerator section is working---the freezer must be somewhat cool still because the refrigerator just cools by stealing air from the freezer section. Either way, pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the compressor running? And if you touch the big black round compressor--is it room temperature, warm, or blazing hot?