Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The cap handle of my bottom freezer/ refrigerator is broken…

Customer Question
The cap handle of...

The cap handle of my bottom freezer/ refrigerator is broken off. It is a plastic part in the freezer door. #DA67-03485 Where can I find this part and do I have to replace the whole freezer door? Can I do it myself with a you tube instructional session?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I don't remember and left the model # at home. it is a number BEAE number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where do I find the part?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The part number is ***** valid. Can you post the model number when you are able to access it?

Actually, it is showing as a valid part, see link below. I would want to verify it with the model number, though.

CLICK HERE

See the parts breakdown below. Do you see the part that broke?

CLICK HERE

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

The model number is *****
That picture does not look like the part! You can upload a picture of it for you to see. Sears said it is now obsolete�� And I tried to look on eBay and amazon but no luck�� I'd appreciate your feedback of how I can find it to replace it! It is a separate part from the door so it would not even be worth it to buy the whole door because that part would not be there in the door�� It is only the right side cap handle that a screw and plate is attached to it as well before it is screwed on to the freezer handle.

I will need the full model number from the refrigerator then, please.

It is RF261BEAESR/AA

See the picture below. Does this appear to be the same part you need? The original part number of DA67-03331A looks to cross to the part below but it only shows that on some lookup, not all of them.

CLICK HERE

It is plastic not metal with a curved hinge on the backside. Is there a backside picture?

It is plastIC, see back below.

CLICK HERE

Dear Kelly,
This is not the part for the model # I gave you. It is similar but mine is not angled on all 4 sides. I have an oval shape on the left side of the part.
I can send a picture but it seems I'm unable to send it through this website:(
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago

You can send a picture to***@******.***

See the link below. I cannot tell from the picture what part you need because there are several parts to that area. Number 18?

CLICK HERE