Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool dryer model. # GEW9250PW0. Control panel…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool dryer model. # GEW9250PW0. Control panel is totally dead but drum light comes on. Can you tell me what is wrong. I can't waste mony since i am retired.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 13 years to 15 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I always do my own unless under warranty.Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Recently the minute display flashed back and forth between timed dry and touch up timed. Occasionally the dryer beeped which I believed was associated with airflow not enough so I cleaned it thoroughly as I did about once a year. It helped but seemed to continue less frequently. I lowered the temp setting which helped a lot. Do you need serial numbers to help with the model number?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug the machine for 5 full minutes to reset the control. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

Unplugged waiting 5minutes.

Roger that, thank you! Let me know what happens, please!

Still dead after 5minutes

Well shoot! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The main control will need to be replaced. The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? You may post back anytime if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

I tapped on the buttons and it started working. It doesn't appear the control board is bad. Thanks anyway.

Wow, glad it worked out! I will send your deposit in for a refund.

Thank you and God bless you!