Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool dryer model. # GEW9250PW0. Control panel

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool dryer model. # GEW9250PW0. Control panel is totally dead but drum light comes on. Can you tell me what is wrong. I can't waste mony since i am retired.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 13 years to 15 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I always do my own unless under warranty.Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Recently the minute display flashed back and forth between timed dry and touch up timed. Occasionally the dryer beeped which I believed was associated with airflow not enough so I cleaned it thoroughly as I did about once a year. It helped but seemed to continue less frequently. I lowered the temp setting which helped a lot. Do you need serial numbers to help with the model number?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Unplug the machine for 5 full minutes to reset the control. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unplugged waiting 5minutes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Roger that, thank you! Let me know what happens, please!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still dead after 5minutes
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Well shoot! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The main control will need to be replaced. The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? You may post back anytime if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tapped on the buttons and it started working. It doesn't appear the control board is bad. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Wow, glad it worked out! I will send your deposit in for a refund.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you and God bless you!