Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer is showing 29 degrees and will not reset to 0.

Customer Question
The freezer is showing...

The freezer is showing 29 degrees and will not reset to 0

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Kitchen aid KFC022EVBL, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the refrigerator isn't being affected and only the freezer is, you need to pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel behind the unit. Make sure the fan next to the compressor is running. If not, replace the fan motor or clear the blockage. Clean the coils under the refrigerator as well. Other than that, you're looking at a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. You'd need a technician to check the freon pressure to see if you're low on freon or need a new compressor. A new compressor is about $650, and a freon leak is about $450.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.