AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a 12 year old thermador microwave that recently

Customer Question

I have a 12 year old thermador microwave that recently started acting up -- turns on for just about 2 seconds and shuts off
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Thermador model # 16-11-157: s/n 6H723401050
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i can if it's easy :-)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing really power works but again only turns on for about 2-3 seconds max then shuts off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

Unfortunately when this happens, the control board is at fault and needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please cancel this $5 subscription - I didn't realize it would be another $30+ on top of the $5

Rating me is the only way I get paid for my time.