Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My whirlpool fridge ice dispenser is not working, Model

Customer Question
My whirlpool fridge ice dispenser...
My whirlpool fridge ice dispenser is not working
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model W10215185A. Not sure the year
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just changed the filter. The water dispenser works fine. Just not the ice dispenser
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Does the unit make ice and does the auger just not work? Also I need the model number off the tag inside the unit on the wall or ceiling. The W102 is not the model.

Model GI5FSAXVY02. It is full of ice. I emtpyed some but have heard it make ice yet.

OK does the auger motor turn? Or is it just not making ice?

Its not dispensing ice. The light won't even switch from water to the ice settng

Ok try to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in and tell me if you can change the setting then

No still does not work

Do any other buttons on the touchpad not work?

The buttons all work. It just won't switch from water to ice
It definitely makes ice. It is making ice right now. Just switching water to ice not working.

OK Get the unit into service mode and get to test 183 that is a key test. Press any key and it should display something in the display showing you pressed that key, then try the selection key and make sure it is responding. Let me know what happens

CLICK HERE

It does get to se mode. Lots of other codes - LL, SA6, F_C. But no SE

OK I think you have a touchpad issue on the unit do you have to use that selection button at all?

It's making ice. So we can grab ice from inside the tray

Often on that model two things go bad the touchpad and main control board in the back, often if it does not allow you to switch functions on the keypad heat the keypad with a hairdryer and try it again. If it still does not I would replace the keypad on the unit.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician