Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Help I've look at your web site on how to repair oven

Customer Question

Help I've look at your web site on how to repair oven porcelin Question what is the name and brand of the porcelain adhesive an
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its 4 years old and ge ZDP486Ld 7ss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have no choice because of where I live.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I melted foil onto the bottom of the oven that removed the porcelain
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

See the link below. There are several different methods that all have varying degrees of satisfactory results, depending on how much effort and how harsh of chemicals you want to work with. The issue is that the aluminum foil and the porcelain actually undergo a chemistry change. when they bond like that. Just be careful if you use the toilet bowl cleaner, it has acid in it and can be dangerous and has nasty fumes!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would just like to know what and where to purchase the porcelain adhesive and paint to repair my oven
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

You cannot refinish the internal oven floor. The porcelain repair is for the outside porcelain....not the oven liner.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.