Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

When a oven is on bake does the broiler flame suppose to

Customer Question

When a oven is on bake does the broiler flame suppose to work
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is The whirlpool for 465 most probably a discontinued model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes my question is if I Could replace the bottom igniter with the broiler igniter which I never use because I di not broil
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My question is it Baking needs the igniter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

On gas ranges, the broil burner is not used during baking, so you could use the broil igniter for the bake and then just not have broil.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.