Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GE Double Oven model J28918SEL2SS, try to set temperature

Customer Question

GE Double Oven model J28918SEL2SS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: try to set temperature for baking and the display states "Err"
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I try to set temperature for baking and the display states "Err"
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Turn the breaker off for a full 5 minutes to reset the control. Does the behavior change after powering it back up?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no change, still the same problem
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The oven control will need to be replaced. It is number 105 in the diagram at the link below, accessed by removing the number 107 service panel. All connections simply unplug and plug in making for an easy repair if you can get the part!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
7 to 8 years, model GE Double Oven model J28918SEL2SS
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.