Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washing machine suddenly stopped working at the spin

Customer Question

my washing machine suddenly stopped working at the spin step.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag dependable care quiet plus. not sure how old it is. maybe 3-5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possibe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: had a bunch of towels in it. water is still inside.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you happen to have a model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry cant find onw
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wait, here it is
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
LAT9606AAE
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

It takes time to type and look up your model please be patient.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. If the washer stops before the spin cycle, then your lid switch assembly is failing. The switch assembly has a built in out of balance switch as well as the lid switch and one of them has failed. Either way, this model re-designed the switch mid-manufacturing cycle so you could have one of 2 switches on your model. You'll need to take the control panel off and see which one you have but it's located directly in the middle below your control panel. Below is a link to both parts and they look completely different so just order the one your machine has.

CLICK HERE for lid switch 1

CLICK HERE for lid switch 2.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?