John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Clothes dryer trips breaker. Kenmore 80 series 11062802101.

Customer Question

clothes dryer trips breaker
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: kenmore 80 series***********JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I have someknowledge of app repair
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have replaced breakers machine runs for about 10 to 20 minutes then kicks off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.
  1. Have you inspected the cord connections, looking for any sign of trouble like discoloration or melting of the insulation?
  2. Do you have any electrical test equipment to perform any testing with?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have testers i need to know what to test what part there is only a few choices
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

I see you have requested a different expert to assist you.

Ok so do you have an amperage probe(meter) ?

And you will need to go to the rear of the dryer and remove the cover from the rear where the cord attaches to the dryer and on the Red L2 start the dryer and with your amp probe clamp around the Red 2 wire and tell me what amperage is the dryer pulling when it is running and heating