Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Amana model AKT3020E Electric Smoothtop cooktop!

Customer Question

We have a Amana model AKT3020E Electric Smoothtop cooktop! We have an area over one burner which has become pitted, probably due to a spill! Is there and way to repair those pits?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: That is the model # I have written on my manual but I also have a serial # if that would help! The serial # is(###) ###-####and it was purchased in September of 2001!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes that would be my plan!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't know what else I can share with you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Pitting of the top glass is not repairable, the glass must be replaced. The pitting is usually caused by high sugar content liquids spilled on the top when very hot and allowed to remain until cooled. The top is on back order but is still available at the link below. If you would like replacement instructions, please let me know!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.