Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

May tag dishwasher Model # MDB7609AWS3 will not start. Only

Customer Question

May tag dishwasher Model # MDB7609AWS3 will not start. Only light that will come on is dry heat if you hold it down for 5 seconds. Have to open door and hit cancel to get dry heat light to go off
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Maytag amDB7609Aws3. How do you run dianostic test cycle?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Sorry MDB7609AWS3. Yes or replace it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this is just a problem with your control panel itself. The panel has been completely re-designed because Maytag (who is owned by Whirlpool now) found the panel failing frequently due to steam. Either way, you'll need to order and replace the touch control panel to resolve this issue so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.