Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Frigidaire dryer still codes E65 after an E64. Replaced

Customer Question

Frigidaire dryer still codes E65 after an E64. Replaced heater element replace thermal limiter checked dryer vent..still codes e65
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years mod FFSE5115PW0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The error code of E65 is a high limit thermostat trip .

For Electric Model, check Inlet Thermal Limiter for continuity. If Thermal Limiter is open, check for evidence of high temperature event and any resulting damage. If no further damage is evident, replace Thermal Limiter. If no problems are found with the Thermal Limiter, check exhaust vent system for air blockages. If no problems with vent restrictions, check/replace High Limit Thermostat, and retest.

On this unit you have three different thermostats where is the one located that you have replaced?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi, We've been on vacation. The techniciian working on the dryer has given up. Repace the thermal limiter, cleaned and checked the vent system, initial code was E64, the heater element was replaced. Then E65 kept coming up, so the vent was checked and cleaned, there was no blockage the the thermal limter was replace twice. Then the control board was replaced, but it is still not heating up and codes E65. I don't want to do the work myself. and I don't want to throw good money after bad. This is a 3 year old dryer, we didn't get the extended warranty and it's driving us nuts. We need a tech that can really help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you able to responde to my questions here now?

Ok Now this web site does not have tech that come to your home.

This is just a question and answer DIY web site.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time