Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer stops after each cycle, have to turn dial to next

Customer Question

Washer stops after each cycle, have to turn dial to next function then stops again and have to turn dial to next
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LS09010PW5 SER# ***** 10TO 12 YRS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The only thing that would cause the timer to stop after each cycle and not advance on it own yet allow you to manually advance it and have the next cycle work normally is the timer itself. Something inside is just getting hung up in the timer so the timer behind the large knob that you're turning to advance the cycle needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the timer you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for timer

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?