Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Whirlpool washer starts in the spin mode no matter where

Customer Question

Hi! My Whirlpool washer starts in the spin mode no matter where I set the dial. I just replaced the timer and it did not fix the issue. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: not sure the age, let me look up the model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: WTW58ESVW0 is the model I'd like to repair it myself, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The only 2 things that would cause this issue outside of the timer which you replaced is the load sensing switch inside the control panel, or the motor. Now if the motor was bad, the washer would fill with water before it started spinning on the wash cycle. If it's not filling first, then replace the load sensing switch because it thinks the tub is full of water all the timer. This switch is the small switch inside the control panel with a small rubber hose going to it. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.