Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I did the automatic diagnostic an then one light came on I

Customer Question

Hello I did the automatic diagnostic an then one light came on I press start then all the lights started flashing again. What does that mean?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: For 2 weeks now. It won't rinse when in cycle. But I can manually make it rinse and spin out.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: No it has done this before. It is a Centennial MCT. Model # MVWC55DW0. It is hard to tell if that is D or 0.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It has a SEE # also. Do you need that SER #
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I just need to wash clothes an not have to deal with this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say exactly. "I did the automatic diagnostic an then one light came on" What one light came on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The done light
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to call you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK and then you press start and all the lights flash correct? That's what is supposed to happen. Next, turn the knob one click clockwise. What set of lights appear then?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All if them started flashing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

That means there is no error code stored. So if your washer isn't working properly and you're not getting an error code, you need to replace the main control board in your control panel

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay let me explain my problem this way. After I push start the machine will either sit in sensing mode or it will wash then sit in sensing mode
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much to replace the control panel
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just go buy another machine
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately that sounds like your control board is just going bad as well base don the symptoms. Either way, the board is part number W10685236 and it's about $200 if you wanted to replace it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How is that replaced
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what to say. Based on the fact you're not pulling up an error code either the board came bad or your not doing it right.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am probably not doing it right. I will have my brother look at it. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

ok good luck.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?