Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our dispenser for our Maytag refrigerator has not been used

Customer Question

Our dispenser for our Maytag refrigerator has not been used for about a yea. now it is connected to a Culligan water system. how long before the frige starts to make ice? the water dispenser works wll but we are not making ice
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model M5D2454GR
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is there delay time for ice to form
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Make sure the wire arm on the icemaker is in the down position. I can take up to 24 hours to make it's first batch of ice because the icemaker will only try a couple times a day if it knows the icemaker wasn't working properly before. If you wanted, you can fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and then in the next 24 hours the icemaker will cycle and dump the ice so you know that the icemaker has cycled. At that point it should have re-filled with water if everything is working properly. If the icemaker never cycles and dumps the ice, your icemaker is just bad.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?