Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our maytag dryer seems to start the cool down phase after

Customer Question

Our maytag dryer seems to start the cool down phase after only about 20 minutes. It will start getting hot again though if the timer is turned back to seventy minutes. Any ideas on what needs to be fixed or replaced?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Guesstimate of 5 years. Model is medc200xw1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just replaced heating element and made sure venting properly. And yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Ser number 13657408
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the dryer heats in the beginning of the cycle but not later on, you have a bad contact inside the timer. Either the plastic cog is wearing down and not pushing the contacts hard enough in the timer or the contacts are just going bad. Either way, you'll need to order and replace the timer inside the control panel to resolve the issue. The cost is about $105 for the part I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for timer

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No questions right now thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK, please select a rating star at the top of the screen so this question can close out on my screen and you don't continue to get follow-up indefinitely asking you to close this question out.