Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What happens when the oven door will not stay up in closed

Customer Question

What happens when the oven door will not stay up in closed position. What is broken? Charlie
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool oven no idea of year or model yet. It's my sisters and sahe lives about 2 hours from me. Just trying to get an idea what I'm looking at?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thats about it and that is as much info I have. She is in her 80tys and feel on the door and broke sometihing and it won't close and stay closed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the door won't pull closed, it means that your door hinge is either slightly bent or the spring is weak, you'll need to replace both door hinges on the door because there is no adjustment to the door hinges on an oven door I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.