John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dryer not heating and shuts off after about 10 min even when

Customer Question

Hi, dryer not heating and shuts off after about 10 min even when set on 1 hour timer
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigidaire, model FEQ1442ES1, manufactured in 07
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I have tested elements and components for continuity and all ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 4 lights on right side of panel flash when it shuts off, tried resetting panel board and no luck
Category: Appliance
Expert:  McgiverSR replied 2 months ago.
Hello and sorry to hear you're having a dryer problem to make this as simple as possible have you checked the exhaust and clean the blower wheel the reason I'm asking is it may be overheating because of lack of air flow
The three items that I'm going to refer to or a place called a thermal limiter a high limit thermostat and the thermistor which monitor is the dryer temperature I would check those three items and I would also check the exhaust ductwork where it leaves your house and make sure it's not clogged up get back with me and let me know what you find and I'll get back I'll get back with you as soon as I can