Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer will not start. I changed control board and it still

Customer Question

washer will not start. I changed control board and it still wont start washing the power comes on but after I push start I get 2 dings and then nothing my model is WFW94HEXW2
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WHIRLPOOL WFW94HEXW2 it is 3 1/2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: after I changed control board there is not any codes but washer still doesn't start. the door wont unlock when I push the pause button. it takes several minutes to unlock at all
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

2 dings after you press start means that your washer thinks the door isn't locking properly which is likely why the washer takes awhile to unlock as well. You'll need to order and replace the door latch to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part you'll want to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Washer still doesn't work now its telling me the motor control board is bad. I'm going to rebuild the whole thing before it works again ��
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure why you have multiple issues but you can only fix one issue at a time.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.