Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Maytag washer that works fine but recently has been

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washer that works fine but recently has been turning itself on. I turn it off but in a few minutes or longer it turns on again. Should I just let it stay on?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it in February 2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Heck, no.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I need to know if this situation indicates there is a problem (battery dying?) or if it's a known problem that needs a repairman.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. P

That is going to be an issue with user interface board, it will need to be replaced to repair that problem.

If you give me the model number I will be glad to give you the part number for the replacement board so that you can get a new one ordered. I can also give you directions to replace it if needed. Just let me know and send me the model number if you want to try to do this yourself, thanks.

If you have any further questions just let me know, there are no further charges for asking follow up questions related to this question. You needed my help, now I need your help! We experts are not compensated for our time unless you rate our assistance. It seems lately that a lot of customers do not feel like its worth their time or don't want to be bothered with rating so they don't. By not rating our assistance all you are doing is discouraging experts to help you when you need it, we can see how many questions you have asked and how many times you have rated so when we see you never rate an answer its harder for you to get help fast when you need it. So please rate my assistance at this time by clicking on the star rating system located at the top right of your question page, you will see 5 empty stars that you can click, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** have to do is click on one of the stars. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating, Thank You Very Much!