John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher fills with water and may run or not, can hear

Customer Question

My dishwasher fills with water and may run or not, can hear the cycle being stepped thru
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Amanan ADB1100AWB5, how can you run a diagnostic cycke
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am an licensed electrician, that however does not mean I can fix it, only aware of the electrical potential
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I am aware of, I did change cycles to see if board might have a problem, but same results. I did bump the lower housing of unit when pulling it and it tried spraying but stopped
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Follow the instructions below and put the unit in service mode and tell me what error code is reported.

Turn the dishwasher off.Pick 3 buttons on the control panel then Press them in the following sequence:

1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3

Each button must be pushed within 1 second, afterwards all the lights on the control panel will light up then the clean light will begin to flash. Note:Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Complete.”
The flashing sequence will give you the error code. It does this by flashing in two stages.

It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.

In order to tell you what error code is coming up I will need to know the values of X and Y, thanks.