Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch dishwasher keeps reading out 2H. Won't wash. Will fill

Customer Question

Bosch dishwasher keeps reading out 2H. Won't wash. Will fill and drain only.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 20 yrs old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model shu 531 5uc uo6
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Waiting
Still waiting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hums doesn't wash......keeps reverting to delay start 2H.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have already replaced the water inlet valve.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

2H is not a delayed start. A delayed start is "2h" with a lower case "H". Either way, 2H means that the last cycle took over 2 hours so there is a problem. The fact that the washer fills and drains means that your circulation pump has failed. If the circulation pump doesn't turn on to wash the dishes the water won't heat and it'll cause the cycle to run forever. The circulation pump would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

No problem and I'm sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?