Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Water is going down the back of the freezer from the ice

Customer Question

Water is going down the back of the freezer from the ice maker -model MZD2667HES -can this water be turned off without pulling it out so I can contact a repairman in the am? If not where would the Thurman off be?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: The model number is ***** and it is Maytag -would the settings make that difference?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only turn it off to save a disaster!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If you shut the ice maker off, it should stop leaking. If it does not, the water inlet valve is likely faulty. The shut off to the refrigerator is typically under the kitchen sink, behind the refrigerator in a wall box or in a mechanical room in the basement.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.