Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Model GDT580SMF8ES the soap dispenser is not opening during

Customer Question

Model GDT580SMF8ES the soap dispenser is not opening during the cycle. How can I fix it?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Why would that help? Does the power affect the soap dispenser?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The attached pages show how to access the dispenser assembly for replacement. I believe it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.