John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I was going to clean my oven and raised the metal cover over

Customer Question

I was going to clean my oven and raised the metal cover over the latch handle. Now I can't get the metal cover to go down flat. What should I do?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool , Model RS675PXYO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple I probably could.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if you have an idea.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

ok now you said the metal cover over the latch handle will not go back down? Is it broken? Is there anything obstructing it from going down?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The handle won't let the cover go down.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

sorry if the site offered the phone call it was not from me. I am not available for a phone call at this time. Can you look at this parts list on page 3 and tell me what number part your having the problem with.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a50802170ce/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20885549.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
O K.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I have no idea.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for trying but maybe someone from Lowe's needs to come and look and touch the cover.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am just not sure what it is you are looking at is there anyway you can take a picture and upload it for me please?