John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our clothes have started smelling sewerish after having run

Customer Question

Hello. Our clothes have started smelling sewerish after having run them through the dryer. I don't believe it's the washer as they smell clean when out of the washer. I figured out this morning when running clean (dry) clothes through the dryer to remove wrinkles that the smell was coming from the dryer. What would cause this? It has a NEW dryer hose. The dryer itself is about 11 years old
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Kenmore Elite 4 something
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That depends on what the issue might be.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't believe so Well, actually, the dryer about a year ago started to not dry very well. So, I have to put everything on an 80 minute timed dry setting at low.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Is the lint filter on top of the dryer or at the door? May I please have the model number? The tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.