Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Both drawers of my 10 year old fisher-paykel dishwasher

Customer Question

Both drawers of my 10 year old fisher-paykel dishwasher turned on by themselves today. I turned them of and they turned on again. So I opened both drawers and they turned on again. No water in drawers.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: It's a Fisher Paykel. Model DD603
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know hos to run a diagnostic test.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If parts need to be replaced, I'll have to call a repairman.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So if your unit has a display, it would show F1 on the display. If not, that's alright but this issue means you have an F1 error. because something was stacked too high in one of the drawers when it was running and this caused the lid to not seal up when the drawer was shut. To correct the issue, pull the bottom drawer out. There are 2 square plastic push tabs on the right and left side of the drawer just behind the front panel. Pull the drawer forward and push in on these tabs. This will allow you to pull the drawer out a bit further so that you can get towels in the base pan behind the drawer.. Soak up all the water and leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to let it dry out. Once it's dry, the F1 error will not return. If the F1 error does re-occur, then unfortunately you will need to replace the small filter board in the back left corner of the base pan under the plastic housing because that is what senses the water. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the bottom drawer so that you can complete this repair.

CLICK HERE for display board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The bottom tray is dry.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK then the filter board under that plastic cover against the back wall in the bottom tray is failing because it thinks there is water in the bottom tray. You'd need to replace that board under the plastic cover. Below is a link to the part for your model number.

CLICK HERE for mains filter board

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?