Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishwasher KUDE20IXBL9, not cleaning dishes very well

Customer Question

dishwasher KUDE20IXBL9
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: not cleaning dishes very well Kitchenaide
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i can here water moving in unit. its appears more water comes out of upper spray valve and arm than lower i cleaned filters and spray arms not an issue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This unit has a diverter to direct the water to go to either the top or bottom wash arm down below the entire dishwasher. This diverter rotates a flap to direct the water from one arm to the other. They don't both get the same pressure and the pressure should change from arm to arm as the cycle runs. If you're certain one arm is never getting enough pressure, replace the diverter assembly because it's not directing the water flow properly. Below is a link to the part. There is a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace the part yourself.

CLICK HERE for diverter assembly

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?